Monday, May 17, 2010

Julia's Fashion File: MOTB


While thinking about my next post it dawned on me that when I conjur up thoughts of wedding fashion I rarely think the Mother of the Bride, famously known as MOTB in wedding acronym speak. Which is a shame because it's just as important as all the other style aspects that go in to creating a beautiful, chic wedding.

When I imagine a MOTB, I see poise, elegance, class, and glamour. A lot of mom's feel that due to age and fear of overshadowing the bride, fashion has to suffer. But, I'm here to shine another light on it; there's no reason why mom can't be gorgeous right along with you.

As with bridesmaid dresses, I think MOTB dresses can get a bad rep because there are some bad (cringe-worthy bad) seeds out there. So I decided to poke around Bride.com and find some pieces that I would be proud to see my mom in on my big day.

I love the sassy black and white strapless dress for a mom who likes a more youthful look. Or, alternately, the floor-length forest green strapless with a lace shrug for those who like to be a little more covered up. The great thing about the lace shrug is that it's still sexy while being modest.

I was heartened to see so many beautiful styles out there. I for one can't wait to help my mom find hers when it's my turn. With dresses like these it's going to be hard to choose!

Wishing both you and your moms champagne toasts and fabulous fashion finds.

xoxo

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment