Monday, March 29, 2010

Julia's Fashion File: Make or Break, Headband or Tiara !

We all know accessories can make or break an outfit and when you're walking down the isle, this is an especially important thing to keep in mind. The last thing you want is to look like a gaudy mess. Your guests should be transfixed on your beauty and elegance, your husband and the gorgeous gown you've chosen. I've always been one to step outside of the box a little when it comes to jewelry but as a bride, I would stick to a few elegant pieces that I adore.

With today's post I'd like to focus on headbands. They can often be overlooked or misused. You can go very (VERY) wrong when choosing a headband (e.g. tacky rhinestones, too much embellishment, huge princess tiara...eeeeek!) and that could be why some brides steer clear. However, I have seen some gorgeous selections that have topped off the dress, hair, and jewelry beautifully.

When I embarked on my search for a couple perfect headbands I came across this gorgeous Swarovski crystals and Freshwater Pearls tiara (I don't like the term tiara but that's technically what this is classified as) on http://www.bridalfashionmall.com/. I had to sift through a lot of the aforementioned fashion no-no's but this one really stood out to me. It's delicate, sweet and with the right dress, will only embellish your style.

A great alternative to the more traditional style headband is wearing one from ribbon. For example, this one is made from sheer ribbon, is delicate and ornamented gorgeously. Wearing a ribbon option could also help with those pesky headaches that we so often get from wearing a metal or plastic headband.
If and when you decide to choose a headband, my advice to you gorgeous brides is to stay true to your authentic style while keeping in mind that you don't want it to overpower all the other things you've worked so hard at putting together.

xoxo

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment