Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Vendor Spotlight: Sonoma Caterers


Amber Belshaw of Sonoma Caterers is fascinating. A formally US- and European-trained chef she also has people skills down to a science. It’s probably why Sonoma Caterers is such a success. While Amber serves as Executive Chef, she still insists on meeting every couple face-to-face and minimizes her number of commitments to devote the utmost attention to each event. She prides herself on making sure that she delivers exactly what couples want on the menu for their Big Day. “We are not platinum or over the top, I specialize in real events for real couples,” she says humbly.

Amber tells us that unique venues can help to spark unique experiences. “If I have power and water I am happy,” she says. “It’s not uncommon to be on a dirt road in a vineyard or on a mountain top. I have twice cracked the oil pan in my car on the roads that we cater. Yes, a four course wine dinner with no water, no power and you have to bring in all of the equipment.” Clearly she has to think of the location when creating a menu, as there are some things that cannot be made without an oven. “I can do a great menu on a BBQ and you would never know it” she admits.


So beyond the fact that you will have fantastic, fresh food at your wedding, Sonoma Caterers are friendly and warm. “We are a company with a green-certified and moral conscience; my staff has options for medical, health and retirement. Happy staff to me equals happy guests. When you work with us you will feel that you planned it yourself. We sit down and talk about the guests wants, likes, dislikes and put those in the event. I really listen. Our style is ‘good food done well’. We are in Sonoma County and do business in that style. I am blessed that I get to spend everyday doing what I love.”

No comments:

Post a Comment