Thursday, June 10, 2010

Julia's Fashion File: A Special Bag for a Special Bride


I've always been a purse fanatic and I think it's relatively safe to assume that I'm not alone in this obsession (right, ladies?). As I casually sifted through the web this morning I unfolded an amazing phenomenon: bridal purses! I'm not sure why it never occurred to me that a bride would carry a purse. Maybe because I always picture them walking down the isle and we know they're not carrying one while saying "I do"!

As a result of this happenstance my obsession has now expanded in to this area, so much that I'm now wondering if I should just buy a couple for my future big day. Check out these beauties from http://www.net-a-porter.com/am/home.nap. The Louboutin satin clutch with lace and embellished shoe clasp is to-die for. Or this Valentino satin bow clutch? If only I could afford it.

Speaking of affordable, there are a lot of options out there that won't cost you half your wedding budget. Check out these bags from http://elbo.co.uk/index.htm (at top of post and below). They're beautiful, delicate, unique, and inexpensive.
You can also go the vintage route like this gorgeous collectors piece from the Titanic era at http://www.vintage-now-clothing.com/vintage-accessories.html. Hand made in France and covered in beautiful tiny beads, it would surely be a massive hit.


There are few things that generate as much excitement out of me than picking out a new bag and for a bride it's not only exciting but special; a special bag for a special bride.

xoxo
Jules

2 comments:

  1. Wow..!! these wedding bags look fabulous.Wedding day is indeed a special day for bride and with such a pretty bag it is becomes even more special.No newly wed bride can do without jewelery and bags.U can browse through a range of bags equally sleek and classy with some dazzling stones studded on them accompanied with sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We couldn't agree more. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and wisdom!

    ReplyDelete