Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Julia's Fashion File: Authentically, Fashionably, Uniquely...Me

I'm not anywhere near ready for marriage and if I'm really honest with myself, I was never one of those little girls dreaming of her wedding. I haven't planned, picked, or conjured up any ideas regarding my future big day. I have however, always known two things: 1) that I would have an absolutely FABULOUS dress and 2) that I wanted something authentic and uniquely me. That can mean a lot of different things to different people and since I myself am not planning a wedding, I look forward to helping you all uncover some of those rare, unique, elegant and simply divine wedding fashion finds that a bride like you will love.

What better way to start than looking at vintage dresses! I just discovered http://www.antiquedress.com/ and while a lot of the designs they sell are completely over the top (although, to each their own...if it inspires you then go for it!) there were a few that had my head twirling with possibilities.

For example, take this fringe, floor length vintage gown in ivory with a low v-back. This is a dress that when its rock star owner rightfully claims it, will take down the house. There's nothing more thrilling than seeing a woman work a dress down the isle that only they can pull off.

Or this Audrey Hepburn bubble dress with a v-back. I LOVE this dress and could actually see myself pulling off a similar style with soft gold jewelry.










The possibilities are endless when it comes to picking a vintage gown that's right for you. If that's a route you'd like to explore than the internet will be a great resource for you. I'll be sure to write about more sites like this in the future so keep an eye out!

xoxo

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment