Monday, August 16, 2010

Julia's Fashion File: These Shoes are Made for Walking

Shoes are important. They protect and provide comfort for our feet from the wear and tear of our daily grind, they keep our tootsies warm in the winter months, they showcase our colorful nails in the summer after an expensive pedicure and most importantly, they're an avenue of self expression. From stilettos to sneakers and every size heel in between, there's something for everyone out there...but is there something for every bride?



Being a woman who has exceptionally finicky feet, I've found myself on one too many occasions breaking in to a cold sweat at the thought of having to pick out shoes for any occasion let alone for my hypothetical big day. I'd like to believe that I'm not the only one out there who can't wear a 5 inch heel but regardless of what you desire out of your bridal shoes, I've found the perfect site for all tastes and sizes.



Bridalshoes.com offers a huge assortment of quality and fashionable choices for a wide variety of brides out there. I've come across quite a few cheesy and cheap looking bridal shoes so it was refreshing to come across an abundance of awesome finds on one site, most of which I'd recommend to a friend. The prices are reasonable as well so you won't feel guilty buying your favorite pair and then kicking them off when the dancing starts.

Speaking of recommendations, I picked out a few awesome pairs of heels that if I could sport, I would wear in a heartbeat. Nina Ambert offers a stunning white satin, strappy open-toe sandal with a 3 1/2 heel for brides who want a classy yet look-at-me style.

Chinese Laundry offers a sassy ivory sandal adorned with a classic bow and a few flashy touches for the bride who wants the wow factor.

Alternatively, for those that can't or don't want to walk down the isle in treacherously high heels, they offer flats as well! This was the biggest selling point for me; elegant and flat don't typically belong together in the same sentence but bridalshoes.com offers a huge variety of small heels to flats. It's a dream come true for sensitive feet.



My favorite pair is the kitten heel with crossed toe straps by Coloriffics.


Your dress is the centerpiece but your shoes are going to take you to the alter. Choose wisely, fashionably and comfortably; you shouldn't have to sacrifice one over the other.

xoxo
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment