Monday, April 12, 2010

Julia's Fashion File: Bubble Gum, Be Gone

Having been a Maid Of Honor myself, I know that shopping for bridesmaids’ dresses can be a bit tricky. Lucky for me, the bride chose an elegant, affordable dress that I still like to this day. However, ‘tis not the case for many maids and matrons out there adorning bubble gum pink mermaid dresses or who-knows-what-else down the aisle.

I have three rules when it comes to bridesmaid dress shopping:
  • It should be affordable by today’s standards. Not everyone has the money or the desire to drop upwards of $300 on a dress that they'll more than likely only wear once.
  • It should be a style that will flatter all of your bridesmaids’ body types. Consider allowing your bridesmaids to pick their own style of your chosen designer and color.
  • It is always a plus when your bridesmaids can use the dress again. It’s a long shot, but there are so many fashionable bridesmaid dresses out there these days.
After doing a little site searching, I came across this fantastic site for dresses: http://www.bridesmaids.com/. One (affordable!) designer in particular, Bari Jay, really caught my eye. I prefer a sassy short-length bridesmaid dress, and if I had to choose between some of the designs from this site, I would be a happy woman. The charmeuse, strapless bubble dress with a front twist bodice in green is my favorite style, but I also love-love-love the petal-detailed strapless dress, because it's so different from the stuff I've seen and it's completely wearable outside of a wedding.


There were also a few floor length designs that caught my eye. My favorite is the gown with the overlap bust and brown band but for longer lengths (on top), I found myself actually liking most of her stuff.














These designs are proof that there are definitely endless options to have classy, modern, beautiful bridesmaids… without stealing your thunder.

XOXO Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment